I. Residents of the European Union
II. Personal Data Collected by the Company
The Company collects Personal Data you voluntarily provide in order to ensure you receive the best experience with the Services. The term “Personal Data” means any data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you, which may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, location, and email address. Personal Data is collected when you register on the Company’s website, purchase a service or product, subscribe to the Company’s newsletter, or fill out a form on the Company’s website.
The Company may also collect Personal Data automatically, such as Functional Data or other information collected by using “cookies” (as further described below) and similar technologies when you use, access or interact with the Company through its website. The term “Functional Data” means information that is necessary for the Company’s products to provide the desired services and to ensure the products are working properly. Functional Data may include your email address, location, language preference, product serial number, IP address, and Company account login information.
The Websites use “cookies” and similar technologies for a variety of purposes, including, to analyze trends, administer the Websites, track the movements of visitors around the Websites, to gather demographic information about the visitors and users of the Websites as a group and to collect information about visitors’ and users’ browsing histories in order to help tailor advertising to the interests of such visitors and users. Cookies are small data files that a website or its service provider transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you so allow) that enable the website or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
The Websites use both session ID cookies as well as persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on the hard drive of your computer device for a set period of time or until you delete it.
The Company does not target or intend to collect any Personal Data from children under the age of 16. Please contact the Company if you become aware of the collection of Personal Data without parental consent of a child under the age of 16.
III. Why the Company Collects Personal Data
The Company collects your Personal Data to operate and improve the Services. The Company may also use your Personal Data in the following ways:
· To personalize your experience as your information helps the Company to better respond to your individual needs;
· To create and manage your account;
· To verify and authenticate your identity and protect against unauthorized use of the Services from your account;
· To allow the Company to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs including, responding to inquiries, diagnosing problems with the Services, and other customer care and support;
· To process your transactions involving the Services, including processing subscriptions, complete subscriptions, invoicing for subscriptions and the like.
· To communicate with you by sending periodic emails, which may include news, updates and related product or service information. You may opt out of these emails, or elect to receive only certain communications, by following the instructions provided in the body of the email;
· To improve the products and services offered by the Company to include maintaining and improving the performance of the Services, developing new features and capabilities, producing error reports to improve functioning, using search queries and clicks to improve the relevance of your search results and using data to determine what new features to prioritize;
· For security, safety and dispute resolution by detecting and preventing identity theft, fraud and other unlawful activities, resolving disputes and enforcing the Company’s agreements;
· To improve or facilitate business operations by developing aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enables the Company to operate, protect and make informed decisions; and
· For marketing and/or advertising. The Company may collect Personal Data to personalize communications with you and provide the most relevant advertising.
IV. Transfer of Personal Data to Other Countries
The Personal Data, and all associated Services and systems, to include registration, is housed on servers located all over the world. The data protection and privacy laws in the United States and in the countries where the servers are located may offer a lower level of protections than in your country and/or region.
V. Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
The legal bases for processing your Personal Data include performance of a contract and other legitimate business interests. The use of your Personal Data may be necessary to perform upon a contract between you and the Company, for example, to: (a) complete your purchase of the Services; (b) register and maintain your account; (c) allow for and/or assist in the delivery of Services; (d) handle customer support requests; and (e) ensure the Services function as intended. The Company may also use your Personal Data for its legitimate business interests such as analyzing and improving products and Services as well as the Content on the Websites, and to send notifications and updates on the Services and other products, subscriptions, seminars, events and the like.
VI. Informed Consent
VII. Limitations on Use by the Company
Any Personal Data collected will be used and processed only as necessary to accomplish the stated purpose for collecting such information. Access to your Personal Data will also be limited to those needing access in order to accomplish the purposes stated herein.
VIII. Security, Storage and Retention of Personal Data
(a) Security. The Company implements appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access to Personal Data. The Company cannot eliminate all risk associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.
IX. Rights Regarding Personal Data for Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have a number of rights concerning the collection, use and storage of your Personal Data pursuant to the GDPR. These rights include:
· The right of access to your Personal Data. You have the right to obtain confirmation from the Company whether your Personal Data is being processed, where and for what purpose.
· The right to correction of your Personal Data, as permitted by law.
· The right to data portability. You have the right to request and receive, free of charge, a copy of any Personal Data collected by the Company. This information must be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
· The right to withdraw consent to the collection, use, processing, and/or storage of your Personal Data.
· The right to erasure, which means the right to request the Company to erase your Personal Data, cease any further dissemination of your Personal Data, and to have the Company request that any third-party that has received a copy of your Personal Data pursuant to an authorized purpose also ceases to use and/or further disseminate your Personal Data. The Company shall erase your Personal Data upon receipt of such request if certain conditions are met, including if the Personal Data is no longer relevant to the original purpose for processing.
· The right to request that the Company transmit your Personal Data to another controller. This may include having it transmitted directly if technically feasible.
· The right to restriction of processing. You have the right to request that Company limit the processing of your Personal Data, including when: (1) the accuracy of your Personal Data is contested; (2) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data and request instead the restriction of the use of the Personal Data; or (3) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR; and
· The right to object to the Company’s processing of your Personal Data. This right is limited to processing based upon Article 6(1)(e) or (f) of the GDPR which includes profiling based upon those provisions, and processing for direct marketing purposes. The Company will no longer process your Personal Data unless it can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
(b) Marketing. Where legally required, the Company will ask you for your prior consent prior to providing you with promotional or marketing materials or information. You have the right to revoke this consent at any time, which will not affect the processing of your Personal Data undertaken until such revocation.
(c) Additional Use of Personal Data. Additional use of your Personal Data outside the purposes and uses described herein will only occur as required by statute or upon the receipt of your consent.
(d) Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the GDPR. The following provides information on the legal bases for this the Company may process your Personal Data, as required by Article 13 and 14 of the GDPR:
· When you register for an account, such processing is necessary for the performance of Services.
· When you communicate with the Company or sign up for promotional material, the Company will process such data on the basis of its legitimate interest and the Company’s legitimate interest in providing promotional messages. When required by local law to obtain additional consent for sending marketing information, the Company’s legal basis shall be that consent.
· When the Company collects cookies, device IDs, and other data connected to your use of the Services, the Company processes such data based upon the consent you provide and the legitimate business interest of the Company. This processing is also based upon the Company’s legitimate interest to provide you with better Services and marketing.
· The Company may aggregate or centralize data. Such actions are necessary for the performance of Services or based on the legitimate business interests of the Company.
· Where your Personal Data is disclosed to affiliates and third parties, Company shall process your data based either upon your prior consent, or where such processing is necessary for the performance of Services or based upon other legitimate business interests such as providing better Services.
· Where your Personal Data is collected in the event or in preparation of an actual or contemplated sale, the Company processes such data for its legitimate interest in offering, maintaining, providing and improving its Services.
· When the Company conducts analytics, it processes your Personal Data on the basis of its legitimate interests in enhancing your experience and to develop and improve its Services.
· When the Company investigates suspected illegal or wrongful activity, it processes such data on the basis of its legitimate interest to ensure compliance with legal requirements and law enforcement requests as well as for public safety purposes.
(e) Dispute Resolution. You have the right to file a complaint before the Data Protection Authority, a competent data protection supervisory authority within the EU member state in which you reside. In addition, if you are a California resident, you have may have additional rights to obtain information about the use of your Personal Data.
X. Contact Information